7 Easy Weight Loss Tips You Need To Know.
Weight loss tips are sometimes easy to give but hard to follow. There are many reasons why people struggle to lose weight. These includes poor diet choices, inactivity, psychological reasons, stress and hypothyroidism. So, are there really easy weight loss tips? Yes, but firstly, lets understand weight loss. Well, the simple truth about weight loss is that you have to burn more calories than you take in, period. In reality, good nutrition together with regular exercise is ideal for a sustainable fat loss.
Factors that can influence fat loss and your weight.
- Diet: This is certainly a crucial part of your weight loss journey. Poor diet usually means you are eating more meals with high calories and less nutrients and unhealthy snacking. This will consequently, store up the excess calories in your body as fat.
- Exercise: We all know that exercise can aid in burning calories, so the importance of exercise cannot be over emphasized. Your exercises will likely fall into one of the two categories: Resistance and Cardiovascular training. Resistance training is any exercise that causes the muscles to contract against an external resistance such as dumbbells, rubber exercise tubing or your own body weight etc. Cardiovascular training could be walking, jogging, swimming or cycling. Now there is no one best exercise. The best exercise is the one you will do and enjoy for as long as the risks or drawbacks do not outweigh the benefits.
- Stress: It is no secret that constant stress could pose a hindrance to weight loss. This is due to the fact that fat loss is one of the ‘’non-essential’’ functions during a stressful situation. So your body will seek to conserve energy to ensure there is enough to deal with the stressful situation. And is more likely to store extra fat due to the increase in circulating glucose and the resultant insulin response.
- Hypothyroidism: Though not very common but it could influence weight gain in some people. It is usually accompanied by intolerance to cold, constipation and depression. If you are not sure, get your thyroid function checked by your doctor.
Now that you understand the factors that could influence your weight, follow these easy and quick weight loss tips to help you achieve your goal.
7 easy and fast weight loss tips.
- If you are not sure of the right diet for you, get a dietitian to help you prepare a diet plan that is best for you and which you will enjoy and likely follow.
- You don’t have to run a marathon. Just keep active and look for a suitable exercise or quick workout video you can do at home.
- Whatever exercise program you chose adjust: Frequency, Intensity, Time, Type, and Rate of progression as needed to help prevent exercise plateau. See how you can prevent exercise plateau.
- Get real and come to terms with the fact that you want to or need to change.
- Understand and accept that fat loss it is a continuous journey and not a one stop quick fix. It is a lifestyle change, so be willing to make some lifestyle changes.
- Know that you will only fail if you don’t have the discipline to be consistent. Anticipate the first six weeks to be the hardest to manage, as your old habits are still present and strong.
- Find a friend or family member to help support your course – You don’t have to this alone. When not sure get a knowledgeable personal trainer.
I hope these easy and fast weight loss tips guides you along your weight loss journey. You can do this!